Before you hit the different boutiques looking for new garments, check out these vintage fashion trends.
1. Dirty denim is treated to give jeans and jean jackets a second-hand look.
2. 90’s sports vintage fashion items like Jackets/sports jerseys/snapback hatsare on trend and are quickly becoming collectors items.
3. You can wear polo shirts anytime. It increases the casual image of you.
4. Oversized shades are super popular for men, and they’re reminiscent of the good old ’60s and ’70s.
5. Another famous vintage look is wearing button-down shirt. You can pair it with shorts and jeans. It is perfect for summer.
This Vintage Swag Report is about vintage 90’s mens rare Converse Magic Letterman jacket. It’s not everyday you find this gem from Magic Johnsons deal with Converse in his prime as a Lakers basketball star.
Magic Johnson started his relationship with Converse in 1984 when he endorsed Converse’s ‘The Weapon’ along with Larry Johnson. Disappointingly Converse and Magic’s other endorsements totaling around $12 million were all dropped within 6 months of his late 1991 announcement of contracting HIV.
Check out this Magic by Converse commercial that aired in 1991.
Wardrobe Consulting’s Savvy Stylist, Suzanne Libfraind, offers fashion tips and trends. How To Wear Vintage Clothing as New Styles. Must Watch
After Kanye has publicly come out talking about leaving Nike for Adidas, Adidas has officially welcomed Kanye to the Adidias family with their official statement
“For 2014, we welcome to the adidas family one of the most influential cultural icons of this generation, Kanye West. Well known for breaking boundaries across music, film and design and partnering with our history in street wear culture and leading innovations in sport, we look forward to creating a new chapter. Details to follow.”
What is the average man wearing on the streets of NYC? Answer: There is no average! Checkout this report of how eclectic men’s fashion is in 2013.
VIEW THE FULL ARTICLE
We recently got a vintage Alaska Airlines sweatshirt in stock and myself and my partner asked me, what does this remind you of [pointing to the logo]. I instantly thought…The Air Jordan I and II logo. What do you think, was th Air Jordan I and II designer Peter Moore inspired by this 196s Alaska Airlines logo?
We recently acquired a pair of never worn super clean vintage New Balance 800 Made in the USA ‘Walking Shoes’. These sneakers are super rare and have the size and code stamped onto the tongue. We’re are guessing these could be from the 1960s – 1980s. If you have any suggestions, we’d love to know. Please share in the comments below.
Today’s #vintageswag is dedicated to Kanye West. After hearing his interview today with Zane Lowe for BBC UK Radio.
2. Kanye spends 20% of his time doing music and 80% pursuing other creative paths like fashion and architecture.
3. Kanye hates the Paparazzi most because they sell your image ‘badly’ and you don’t get paid for it. He wants to legalize the industry so he can tell his daughter Nori and when her parents didnt get paid for paparazzi pics ( but Kim really does get paid….that’s how her career got to be where it was…but that’s another blog)
4. He’s put in his 10,000 hours pursuing fashion (for those who don’t know a concept from Malcolm Gladwell’s ‘Outliers’), but he’s most frustrated that the fashion world will not let him in and if they do they want to control him.
5. What he’s looking forward to most about his upcoming tour with Kendrick Lamar is having conversations with him.
Kanye West Vintage T-Shirt from his 2004 Truth Tour
Today’s Vintage Swag Report features A$AP crew member A$AP Rocky performing in a vintage Tommy Hilfiger knit sweater.
Like this Tommy Hilfiger sweater, we have a few in stock right now.
Fresh from showing at NYFW, Victoria Beckham keeps on stunning the fashion world with how good she actually is as a designer. Her SS14 collection included pieces that are heavily inspired by the 60’s from the prints to the silhouettes. Whilst not true vintage (of course) it is an great ode to #vintageswag
We love vintage and this blog is going to be dedicated to Vintage Swag. Everything from fashion, accessories, cars & culture. Want us to post your fashion look with a link back to your blog or social media account? Email us with the pic/link and your details email@example.com or #vintageswagreport on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and we’ll automatically feature you in the Vintage Swag Report.